Friday, February 4, 2011

Romance title generator: Verbs

The last two elements of romance titles, while easy to spot, are not as ubiquitous as sheiks and pregnant secretaries. Here are a few examples to get you thinking.

Bought by the Billionaire Prince
Stolen by the Sheik
Purchased for Revenge
His Bought and Paid for Bride


Once again, those are real titles. (I could go into a long ramble at this point about why titles that subjugate women sell... to women. I won't though, as the purpose of the game is to have fun, not get caught up in the psychology of marketing.) I've got a long list of verbs that I collected in my research today, but I'm very curious to see what you come up with. Some of your non-traditional answers have been hilarious. I'm especially interested to read The Oleaginous Human Resources Director's Pregnant Hairstylist.

Grammatical disclaimer: I realize that many of the verbs and verb phrases in romance titles are used as adjectives. However, they are still verbs and thus deserve their own column in the matrix. 

Monday: Exotic location
Tuesday: Hero
Wednesday: Heroine
Thursday: Adjectives
Friday: Verbs
Saturday: Extra element