Thursday, October 27, 2011

Countdown To The End

This month has given me a whole new respect for traditional publishers and all they do. Let me tell ya, it's a long list! To date, I have:

  • Applied for and received business licenses from both the state and city
  • Commissioned and received cover art
  • Written back cover copy
  • Purchased ISBNs from Bowker
  • Finished my edits, including critiques, on His Good Opinion
  • Contracted with an editor, who sent me wonderful edits
  • Incorporated said edits
  • Contacted a proofreader about "oops detection"
I still need to:

  • Record my business expenses
  • Start a business bank account
  • Start the process with Create Space
  • Get the full cover finished--back cover included
  • Format the book
And that's all on top of writing a 50,000 word rough draft of my Col. Fitzwilliam story next month for NaNoWriMo, and running the local events, and my regular day job. (I have never been so grateful for long weekends in my life--I get two in November, and they will be Godsends.)


It's been a busy month, and some of these things caused undue stress. However, it's done. My book will be published within the next month. Once I have it in my hand, it will all be worth it.

His Good Opinion can be purchased from AmazonBarnes and NobleSmashwordsAmazon UKAmazon DE, and Amazon FR