Thursday, February 2, 2012

His Good Opinion, @ Your Library!


Edit 2/10: My library has ordered His Good Opinion! (I'd link to it if I could, but apparently linking to the library catalog doesn't really work.)

Well, my library anyway. Working at a library affords some interesting opportunities to authors. First, I'm more aware of all the research help libraries can provide. If you're struggling to find sources, contact your local library and ask if they could find books for you through interlibrary loan. It's a fantastic program that connects libraries from around the world. Those out-of-print books you can't afford? ILL might be able to get them for you.

But more importantly for today's post, my coworkers and supervisors have a vested interest in work. We all love books, and we love supporting authors.

There aren't a lot of places where indie authors can hold author events. My book isn't in any brick-and-mortar stores, so traditional book signings are out. However, my library has a fabulous meeting room and they're always looking for programs that will appeal to adults.

On February 25, I will be doing a reading and a short talk about how I started writing and the opportunities self-publishing can offer aspiring authors. Then the following week, I'll give a similar presentation at a college library a few hours south of me.

This is just one more thing to check off on my "making it feel real" check-list. Wow. Actual author events!


His Good Opinion can be purchased in e-book format from AmazonBarnes and NobleSmashwordsAmazon UKAmazon DE, Amazon FR, Amazon.IT, and Amazon.ES. The paperback is available from Amazon.